Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Godzilla vs. Megalon on MST3k.

In my youth, Godzilla vs. Megalon was my favorite. I remember watching it often because in those days they played old movies instead of infomercials. It seemed like it was on a lot.

There is a bunch to like about it too. Naturally there is the cool robot Jet Jaguar. In addition, it has a sort of tag-team wrestling thing going on. It is framed just like a WWE wrestling match with your good guys vs. bad guys. It flows back and forth between them.

Also, it has its share of silly science. The whole sand from deep in the ocean. The Easter Island heads. I realize now their time frame is way off, but I didn't notice that when I was a kid.

What more could you want than a kid who drives a minibike? He is a bit annoying, but he was a kid who hung around his science nerd brother. Who didn't want to do that.

It is all around campy fun. At the time, I couldn't imagine it getting any better. Then along came the MST3k version and brought us this:



Oh how I love Rex Dart: Eskimo Spy! While it is Jet Jaguar Week, Rex Dart: Eskimo Spy could probably carry a week as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment