Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bad Movies

For as long as I can remember, I have loved bad monster movies. Don't get me wrong, I love good monster movies too. My favorite bad monster movie is Godzilla vs. Megalon. I love every bit of it. I also love Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla. There is so much cheese in those two movies, it makes me smile.

However, I also love the good Godzilla movies as well. I really enjoy all of the responses to the terrible thing that Sony called Godzilla. Godzilla 2000 and the rest are really good. They have very little cheese -- but they do have some. For the most part, I really love monster movies -- specifically giant monster movies.

The reason I am talking about this is to bring up Mystery Science Theater 3000. The first ever MST3K I ever saw was Gamera. So, you can tell I was hooked.

I thought it was a shame that the first episode I had ever seen was not available on DVD. They have been releasing episodes for several years, but there was no word of Gamera. Further, they released Godzilla vs Megalon as done by MST3K and almost immediately recalled it. So, I had almost given up hope. However...


That is right! The complete Gamera collection in one MST3K box. I got this today, and I can tell you that I am quite happy! Now please excuse me. I think Kenny is calling me!

No comments:

Post a Comment